Monday, October 29, 2012

Sorry to disappoint

So I think I've decided that Paris is not the place for me. I think maybe I came in with too many expectations and now the city just isn't living up to all of them. Don't get me wrong, I think it's pretty here, and I love that its history is written building every building and every cobbled sidewalk, but it's just much different than I expected. Many people told me that Paris is the most beautiful city in the world and that I was going to "absolutely love it"; so far, not the case...on either accounts. I am so glad I got this opportunity though, to come here to live, study, and play. I'm sure I'll come back for future vacations and week long stays, but I would never want to live here. Being here has also curbed my need to become fluent in the language. I used to want that so badly, and though I still think that would be marvelous, I'm just kind of over it. I have just less than 40 days left and I'm counting down the days. I have never appreciated America as much as I do now thanks to this experience. I think I've heard that phrase from nearly every person on our study abroad. Oh the things you realize with time and space.

No comments:

Post a Comment